Railways of Nippon
Railways of Nippon
You're looking at an authentic, sealed and brand new copy of Railways of Nippon!
Designed by: Glenn Drover, Hisashi Hayashi and Martin Wallace
Player Count: 2 to 4
Recommended Age: 12 years old
Railways of Nippon is a self-contained 2-4 player version of (but not a re-implementation because it also integrates with) Railways of the World with a new map of Japan designed by the Japanese game designer Hisashi Hayashi. The game takes place during Japan's rapid industrial growth during the Meiji era, where you take the role of one of the entrepreneurial railroad baron of that time.
You plan and lay track, upgrade your trains, sell goods to distant cities, and use operation cards to become the richest railroad baron of Japan! Balance your budget wisely, since taking too many bank bonds can ruin your business over the course of the game. Also, watch the competition closely because you can only use the track that you laid down personally to trade.
Since the island of Japan is mountainous and narrow there is often not enough space for everyone to lay their track where they want. Foreseeing your competitors moves and well thought out moves will ensure you an undisputed railroad empire!
This trains, auction/bidding game contains the following:
- a beautiful 16.5 x 24" board containing the map of Japan
- 100 plastic miniatures of locomotives in four different colors
- 125 wooden "goods" cubes in five colors
- 16 engine placards picturing eight vintage locomotives of the 19th century
- a stash of cash, in three denominations
- 20 sculpted brown plastic empty city markers
- 54 bond certificates, in three denominations
- 164 railroad track tiles
- 16 new city tiles
- an updated and comprehensive rulebook for ROTW and expansions
- 42 railroad operations, 10 barons and 4 player reference cards
- income and score track
- wooden first player marker and custom-stenciled cloth bag